Normally using a Globe Visibility 3g device is as simple as plugging it into the USB port and waiting for a few moments for the system to automatically connect to the internet. If you're using a Globe Tatoo prepaid device you will need to modify the modem to use a different APN. Here's how:
- Plugin the Globe Tatoo device and wait for the KPPP Internet Dial-up Tool to launch.
- Click the Close button when prompted with an error.
- Click the Configure button and then the Modems tab.
- Select "modem" and click the Edit button.
- Select the Modem tab and click the Modem Commands button.
- In the Initialization string 2: box type in: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","http.globe.com.ph",,0,0
- Click the Ok button to close the open windows.
- On the Main KPPP window click the Connect button start the internet connection.
You also need to use the following details to login via KPPP:
Help improve Bayanihan Linux by sharing your comments and suggestions to the Bayanihan Team.
Send your email to bayanihan (at) asti.dost.gov.ph